Embark and Wisdom DNA Testing
Sometimes you just want to know! What does the DNA of your dog tell you about their breed? Are there certain medical issues we should watch out for? There are a variety of quality options out there for gaining information about the breed of your pup – these by Wisdom and Embark are two we recommend. Their prices differ, as do the results they offer – so look through the features of each and decide which is best for you.
Databases include between 175 and 250 breeds for the two products, and number of generations varies from 2 to 3. You also get different health screening information with the more expensive Embark testing.
Wisdom Panel 3.0 Breed Identification DNA Test Kit
1 used from $ 67.98
- Features the largest breed database of any dna test in the world with more than 250 breeds, types and varieties covered
- The only officially licensed canine dna test in the us to offer the potentially life-saving mdr1 drug sensitivity screening at no extra charge
- Identification of purebred ancestors present in the first three generations (to the great grand-parent level)
- Pre-paid shipping to the lab and results are ready in only 2-3 weeks after the sample arrives
- With a simple cheek swab, you can uncover dna-based insights that may help you understand your dog's unique appearance, behaviors and wellness needs
Embark | Dog DNA Test | Breed Identification | 160 Health Results | 200K Genetic Markers
- BREED DISCOVERY: With a simple cheek swab, Embark uses the most accurate breed identification scientifically possible. The Embark Dog DNA Test Kit tests for over 175 dog breeds, even wolf, coyote, and village dog ancestry. Together these breeds cover over 98% of canines in America.
- GENETIC ANCESTRY: The Embark Dog DNA Test can tell you the maternal and paternal group that your dog has in his or her ancestry back to great grandparents. See how closely your dog resembles other Embark dogs with the same gene traits, even if their breed mix is different!
- HEALTHY AGING: Embark tests for over 160 diseases. With our comprehensive genetic testing, you can better plan for healthy aging, with information on everything from genetic diseases to drug sensitivities. Keep your dog healthy longer by testing for genetic diseases that occur later in life including glaucoma, degenerative myelopathy, and dilated cardiomyopathy, three of the most common adult onset diseases in dogs.
- RESULTS: Built by experts, Embark is partnered with Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine; is certified by the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals; and is trusted by professional dog breeders and veterinary hospitals. With over 20 times more genetic information than any other test on the market, the Embark DNA test gives you the most comprehensive picture of your dog's genetic health and ancestry.
- TRAITS: Embark results will tell you information on traits that range from coat color to altitude adaptation. Where other tests just tell you the breeds in your dog, Embark looks at the genetic basis of appearance to explain why your dog looks the way it does.
From the Deaf Dogs Rock Community
Be the first to leave a review.