There are two problems we encounter when out in public with our pups: Many places can get crowded, and if your dog is leashed on the ground you can have a tough time keeping a safe space around them. We always worry about little kids and other dogs running up (without asking) to our deaf dogs in public. While Bowie can be carried at 18lbs, he does get to feeling heavy pretty quickly!
The solution we have adopted when taking Bowie out and about is to use the Pet Gear No-Zip Jogger Stroller. We did a lot of product research, and specific features have us sold on this product.
- Large “Jogger-stroller” style wheels roll easily in all terrain
- Strollers with 3 wheels turn more easily than those with 4
- No-zip access, the lid has a secure latch that snaps in to place quickly and easily.
- Folds down compactly for transport.
- Bonus – drink holder and nice storage tray below the dog area.
We’ve used this exact stroller for well over a year and can personally vouch for it’s durability.
Be sure to also read our post How To Train Your Deaf Dog to Love a Jogger Pet Stroller.