Meet adoptable deaf 11 month old Great Dane Rocket Zeus who is looking for a loving family with giant breed experience, a family who has a fenced in yard, a person who will provide structure for Zeus and who will be committed to his continued training.
From the rescue: Accepting Applications! Please read it ALL before applying.
Name: Rocket Zeus
Age: 11 months (date of birth 5/18/2020)
Gender: M, neutered
Breed: Great Dane
Weight: 121 lbs
Estimated adult/healthy weight: 150 lbs
Rocket is DEAF.
• Dogs: Yes; he has spent his time with other giant breed dogs. He doesn’t know his size or strength so would do best with other large dogs that can manage his energy and rambunctiousness.
• Cats: Unknown
• Kids: looking for a home with no kids.
• House trained: Yes
• Crate trained: Pen trained. He occasionally barks for a few minutes, but does settle down quickly.
• Leash trained: Yes
• Basic commands known: Hand signals – Sit, Wait, Place, Watch Me, No, Good.
• Likes car rides: Yes
• Loves to cuddle: Likes to be touched & petted.
• Likes to play? (People/dogs): Yes
• Best personality trait: Goofy
• Needs to work on: Continued hand signal commands; Place, Watch Me, Recall/Come, etc. Structure and training needed. We will be putting his adoption fee towards training with his family so he continues to make forward progress.
• Family requirements: Rocket will need a family with large breed experience. No young kids. He needs a confident dog companion that is playful and can reciprocate his energy. He needs a fenced yard with room to run. His family needs to be familiar with resource guarding behavior so that he does not revert. He will need a confident human leader with patience and the willingness to continue his training. He needs consistency and structure. He does best when stimulated either mentally or physically. He has come a LONG way in a short time and will need continued diligence in order to thrive.
• Other info?: Rocket is DEAF. Rocket is a sweet boy. He has not been home alone for any extended periods of time, as his foster family works from home. Ideally, his forever family is home most of the time to continue his training. He has done very well relaxing near his working foster mom during the day after some play or activity. He is tentative around new people but eventually warms up. He is a blank slate that is quick to learn.
Please submit an application at the link below.